Self-Study Module: Congenital Heart Defects: Nutrition Considerations for Infants
Event date: 11/7/2022
This self-study course – created by Amy Mahar, MS, RDN, CDN, and refereed by registered dietitian nutritionists – offers an evidence-based review of nutrition management of infants with congenital heart defects. Learning Objectives:
- Define types of congenital heart disease
- Understand nutrition considerations associated with infants with CHD in the neonatal period
- Determine nutrition interventions and care plans for infants with CHD using a novel energy- and nutrient-dense infant formula
- Read the course content, or view the video recording below
- Fill in the CDR Self-Study Evaluation Tool - you must upload your completed form as part of the survey.
CDR-credentialed practitioners should retain a copy for their records.
- Visit SurveyMonkey and complete the Post-Assessment and upload your completed CDR Self-Study Evaluation tool to receive your Certificate of Completion
*Nurses may claim 0.5 contact hour for this content. RDs may claim 0.5 CPEU for this course through 11/15/2025.