Case Studies & Research Updates
In this section you will find real patient case reports written by clinicians in which an amino acid-based formula, Neocate®, was used for the dietary management of GI and allergic conditions. Also located in this section are research updates including abstracts which report results from various publications investigating the use of amino acid-based formula in infants and children with GI and allergic conditions and publications of interest.
The following case reports discuss real patient cases in which an amino acid-based formula, Neocate®, was used for the dietary management of GI and allergic conditions.
- The impact of switching to Neocate® Syneo® Infant in an infant with cow milk allergy: taking time to thrive View Case Study
- Neocate® Junior helps maintain adequate nutritional status despite formula supply difficulties during an elimination diet for EoE View Case Study
- When to throw a nutrition lifeline: an infant with feeding difficulties, gastroesophageal reflux, and wasting, and suspected food allergies achieves improved growth and symptom resolution when switched from an extensively hydrolyzed formula to an amino acid-based formula View Case Study
- An infant with feeding difficulty, failure to thrive, gastroesophageal reflux, and suspected cow milk protein allergy achieved improved growth and symptom resolution with an amino acid formula after the infant formula shortage necessitated a change from extensively hydrolyzed formula View Case Study
- Feeding intolerance in an intensive care setting: Neocate® Infant DHA/ARA resulted in improved gastrointestinal tolerance and growth over time View Case Study
- Neocate Junior and Neocate Splash for Taste Aversion Challenges View Case Study
- Infant with persistent allergic gastrointestinal and skin symptoms on an extensively hydrolyzed formula showed improvement after implementation of amino acid-based formula with synbiotics View Case Study
- Infant with persistent vomiting, multiple food allergies, and FPIES - improvement with Neocate Syneo Infant formula View Case Study
- Infant with poor weight gain, gastroesophageal reflux, fussiness, and sleep disturbances View Case Study
- Clinical case studies to support the use of Neocate Splash in the dietary management of MFA, EoE, and FPIES View Case Study
- Infant with severe atopic dermatitis, multiple food allergies, growth failure and loose stools View Case Study
- Nutrition Management of an Adult with EoE and EoG View Case Study
- Development Mealtime Dynamics & Nutrition: Making the Case for Neocate Nutra View Case Study
The following research abstracts report results from various publications investigating the use of amino acid-based formula in infants and children with GI and allergic conditions.
- Clinical trial shows Neocate Junior's good acceptance and tolerance in children over 1 year of age with cow milk allergy and related conditions View Abstract
- Neocate Scientific Evidence View Manuscript
- Fiber & nutrition in children with food allergies View Abstract
- A specific synbiotic-containing amino acid-based formula restores gut microbiota in non-IgE-mediated cow milk allergic infants: a randomized controlled trial View Abstract
- A specific synbiotic-containing amino acid-based formula in dietary management of cow milk allergy: a randomized controlled trial View Abstract
- A synbiotic-containing amino acid-based formula improves gut microbiota in non-IgE-mediated allergic infants View Abstract
- An amino acid-based formula with synbiotics supports normal growth in cow milk-allergic infants View Abstract
- An amino acid-based formula with synbiotics is hypoallergenic and supports normal growth View Abstract
The following publications highlight research on the topic of the gut microbiota and/or food allergies and related GI/allergic conditions.
- Walker WA. The importance of appropriate initial bacterial colonization of the intestine in newborn, child, and adult health. Pediatr Res. 2017;82:387-95. Full Text