Management Strategies for the Newly Diagnosed Patient with Eosinophilic Esophagitis: Diet, Medications, or Both?
Event date: 2/23/2017
Please join Dr. Jonathan Markowitz, Clinical Professor at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine in Greenville, SC for a free, 1-hour educational webinar on "Management Strategies for the Newly Diagnosed Patient with Eosinophilic Esophagitis: Diet, Medications, or Both?" Dr. Markowitz is a pediatric gastroenterologist who practices in the Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition at Children's Hospital, Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center and specializes in caring for children and teens diagnosed with EoE. He will be sharing his expertise and experiences regarding the development of EoE management plans in newly diagnosed patients. Webinar Objectives:
- Understand the importance of using the current diagnostic criteria for eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE).
- Acquire practical tips on how to inform patients/caregivers about 3 fundamental management options: dietary elimination, pharmaceuticals or combination of diet and pharmaceuticals.
- Recognize the role of amino acid-based formula these patients.
- Explore the development of an EoE management plan.
* Nurses may claim CEU credit for this webinar. RDs may claim CEU credit for this webinar from 2/23/2017 to 2/23/2020.
Download Webinar Handouts