Thickened Liquids: One Tool in Our Dysphagia Toolbox
Event date: 7/30/2015
Please join Karen Sheffler, MS, CCC-SLP, BCS-S & Brenda Richardson, MA, RDN, LD, CD, FAND for this informative webinar. By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand what instrumental evaluations are necessary to accurately determine the need for a thickened liquid.
- Explain the rationale for thickening liquids and what a thickener is.
- Identify the levels of thickness (apparent viscosities).
- Discuss patient safety benefits and risks.
- Present effective collaboration with the RD and SLP and the interdisciplinary team with holistic approach for “person-centered care.”